Monday, February 28, 2011

Matching Game for Magnet Boards

This matching game has been a hit with my kids.  It's really easy to make, too!

Supplies:
  • Flat magnets or magnet strips
  • Laminating sheets
  • Scissors 
  • Artwork of choice - 2 copies
 First, I found several pictures relating to things we do at church.  I colored them and cut them out.

Next, I cut up magnet strips and attached them to the back.  Yes, I did this before laminating them because my daughter loves to pull magnets off.  This keeps them secure inside.

Arrange your artwork on a 5x7 piece of cardstock (you can either print it already arranged, or cut another set and arrange it.  Would be easier and make your magnets work better to print it directly onto the cardstock)

Place the cardstock onto the magnet board and enjoy a nice matching game!  When my kids are reading, I'll make some word magnets to match up and make it a little trickier.

Clipart obtained from lds.org and lds.about.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Rock!